Season review of 2014 is long overdue. Another fun and successful race season. NASA NW put on a great season of events with 10 race days at 3 NorthWest tracks.
The Sector One Design S2000 finished in 1st place for the season with 7 first place and 2 second place finishes. Personal best times were set at all three tracks and set a new track record at The Ridge Motorsports Park… twice (1:46.858).
First time competing at NASA National Western States Championship at Sonoma Raceway and finished 5th. Disappointed with finish position but met my laptime goal (1:45) and, more importantly, learned a lot including where I was losing ground compared to the winners.
2014 Personal Best Laptimes:
The Ridge Motorsports Park – 1:46.858
Pacific Raceways – 1:28.156
Portland International Raceway – 1:21.983
Sonoma Raceway – 1:45.652
Car was very reliable all season thanks in part to Radium Auto Fuel Surge Tank and Urge Designs AP Racing front brakes. Front brake pad wear was substantially reduced from 3 race days per pad set to 9 race days on a single set of front pads (Hawk DTC70) that still have 8mm of friction material left and have zero pad taper. Braking performance was also improved and more consistent.
A sincere Thank You to the following:
– NASA NW – Andy and Crew put on great events and promote a very friendly atmosphere
– Radium Engineering – Fuel Surge Tank and Catch Can http://www.radiumauto.com/
– Urge Designs – AP/Essex Brakes http://urgedesigns.com/
– Battle Ground Printing – Custom graphics/numbers http://bgprinting.net/
– Honda Performance Development – discounted parts for racers
– Hoosier Tires – Supporting NASA with contingency prizes
– Hawk Performance – Supporting NASA with contingency prizes
– Head-On Photos – http://www.headonphotos.net/